Date(s) - Sat, Feb 10, 2018
Exit 34B off Rt. 93
Categories No Categories
As part of the ‘Popsicle’ hike and stay at the AMC Lonesome Lake Hut, we will be hiking to Cannon Mountain and returning to the hut. For anyone staying at the hut, you will be given first consideration for this hike. Everyone will be waitlisted once you RSVP. If you are not staying at the hut, you will still be eligible to hike with us.
For a change of pace, we will hike to Cannon Mountain on a 5.1 mile loop with about 2500 feet of elevation gain and back to the hut. The hike will start at Lafayette campground off Route 93 and proceed to the hut – where we will drop gear and then proceed to the hike.
• We will proceed counter-clockwise around the lake to the Hi-Cannon cutoff trail
• Connect with the Hi-Cannon trail which is a steep, short pitch to the summit – including ladders and ledges.
• Summit to the tower and view the spectacular views over Franconia Notch
• Descend on the Kinsman Ridge Trail back to the Lonesome Lake trail and back to the hut. Anyone not staying at the hut will then proceed down Lonesome Lake trail back to the Lafayette Campground.
You can expect some great views into Franconia Notch if the weather cooperates.
• You will need Microspikes (and possibly Hillsound Trail Crampons) for traction
• Layers of fleece, wicking fabrics, light down jacket and rain gear. Gaiters, warm mittens, fleece or wool hats, and winter hiking boots that are rated to below zero
• Do not come unprepared for this Mid-Winter hike. You should also have a facemask, hand warmers, water in Nalgene bottles, and enough food to eat for the expected winter conditions.
• You should have Winter hiking skills and experience – preferably having completed 4000 footers in Winter
• You should know how to layer and delayer your clothes and have the right Winter gear.
• We will assess the weather conditions and provide recommendations in advance of the hike.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me.
Group Founder……. Don.
As a condition of your voluntary participation in this activity you acknowledge and agree to the following: this activity involves inherent risks that can cause property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death to participants and/or others; you assume all risk associated with this activity; you are responsible for having the necessary knowledge, skills, abilities, clothing, and equipment to safely participate in this activity; you know and will follow the Hiker Responsibility Code described at www.hikesafe.com; the leader(s) of this activity are volunteers; and you release, hold harmless, and indemnify the leader(s) and all members of this group from any and all claims for property damage, injury, illness, disability, and/or death – including those caused by negligence and/or other reasons.
Event Creator Details
- Name : Greenlight