Reply To: Flagstaff Lake Trip for 3rd week in August looking for suggestions or tips

Home Forums Kayaking/Canoeing Flagstaff Lake Trip for 3rd week in August looking for suggestions or tips Reply To: Flagstaff Lake Trip for 3rd week in August looking for suggestions or tips

Marc
Participant

Slight change of plans. The kayaking portion of this trip, numbers 2 & 3 in the simplified itinerary, will start where the Appalachian Trail and Flagstaff Road meet near Flagstaff Lake. I plan to meet my friend there around 8 PM on Sunday, August 19. Parking is available in a nearby turn out. If you are signed into google, you can see all of this on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/dssm3nfS3362

For GPS purposes use the intersection of Flagstaff Road and Bog Brook Road in New Portland Maine. That will get you to within 1,000 feet of the intersection of the Appalachian Trail and Flagstaff Rd. The address is: Bog Brook Road & Flagstaff Road, New Portland, ME 04961.

I’m happy to drive people back to their cars if they want to join us. I can fit three or in pinch 4 additional people in my SUV. I know the timing is inconvenient, 8 PM on Sunday night, but he’s coming in from Nova Scotia. If I know that people are joining us I’ll wait for them until Saturday morning. Otherwise, we may leave at night depending on how we feel since campsites are nearby via water.

Marc Cryer
rsuusa@aol.com