Reply To: Umbazooksus Stream to Lily Bay, details TBD

Home Forums Kayaking/Canoeing Umbazooksus Stream to Lily Bay, details TBD Reply To: Umbazooksus Stream to Lily Bay, details TBD

Marc

I’m no longer expecting to complete the entire itinerary as planned but I will still reach most of the listed destinations. Some of these areas are reasonably close to roads and would be nice day trips, for example Sugar Island and possibly the portion of the West Branch of the Penobscot River near the bridge on Golden Road in Greenville just before Ragmuff Rd. Gero Island is probably a nice day trip as well but I may not get that far. If anyone would like to join me for a day trip, preferably at the beginning or at an easily defined point like the bridge over the Penobscot, let me know.

I plan to leave on Sunday or Monday (14th or 15th) but my plans are flexible. Fishing is supposed to be very good all along the route but in honest I can’t seem to catch anything on Moosehead Lake.

I will take another longish trip like this in August when my niece arrives to join me from Michigan. Probably the third week of August.