Home › Forums › Kayaking/Canoeing › Scaggly Lake and Down East Lake Trail trip, 4th week of July. › Reply To: Scaggly Lake and Down East Lake Trail trip, 4th week of July.
Itinerary, July 21-24, 2021
Scraggly Lake to West Grand Lake
Anyone and everyone still welcome. Let me know if you intend to show up so we can meet you somewhere. Marc Cryer, not the AL prefix, C:205-529-5086
1. Park near public boat landing at Horse Cove off Amazon Road. Road to landing is on right less than a mile after Rainey Brook and 9 miles from Highway 6 in Topsfield. Distance from Glenburn Center is 96.7 miles a 2.5 hour drive.
2. Landing to McKinney Point campsite. Meal break. 4.5 miles.
3. McKinney Point to Flood Cove campsite; a Downeast Lakes Land Trust site. 1st night. 7.34 Miles.
4. Flood Cove to Farm Cove West campsite. Meal break. 3.8 miles.
5. West Cove to Hardwood Island MPRL campsite. 2d night. 3.31 miles.
6. Hardwood Island to McLellan Cove campsite. Meal break. 3.26 miles.
7. McLellan Cove to McKinney Point. Meal break. 8.8 miles.
8. McKinney Point to campsite on peninsula at end of Muwin Road. Passamaquoddy Nation. 3rd night. 1.56 miles
9. Campsite at end of peninsula to landing. 1.8 miles.
Total distance by boat is about 34.37 miles.
First day 11.84 miles Day three 13.62 miles
Day two 7.11 miles Day four 1.8 miles
All sites and locations are on the DeLorme Maine Atlas with the exception of the Downeast Lakes Trail campsites, which are shown in the brochure.
For driving directions, use intersection of state Highway 6 and Amazon Road in Topsfield, Maine. Follow itinerary above after reaching the intersection.