help with hiking trips

Home Forums Hiking help with hiking trips

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Carol
      Participant

Hi
      I’ve been a member for a while and am not feeling confident in posting day hikes or leading day hikes. Perhaps others feel the same. Is there a possibility of having an experienced member that could be a “buddy” with me for a few hikes? Thanks Carol

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Carol.
      Matt
      Participant

Hi Carol, what about just teaming up for some hikes? Taking a collaborative approach vs having a leader? Quite frankly, unless someone’s been through something like one of AMC’s leadership training courses, or has some type of qualifications to point to, I don’t think people should be putting themselves out there as “leaders” for a hike. In my humble opinion, it makes sense to collaboratively discuss potential hiking trips, everyone’s abilities and comfort levels with trail features, etc, and go from there.

Bill
      Participant

Hi Carol & Matt. Although MOAC leaders haven’t been through a MOAC leader training, “leaders” should be experienced in the activity they’re leading. I bet there are folks in Carol’s situation and more experienced leaders who’d love to team up (myself included). As a board member, the board has been been talking about this problem. I’ll have more on this after I return from camping in Acadia. Currently very soggy!
      Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.