Interfacing

Home Forums COVID 19 Interfacing

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Kathleen
      Participant

Does anyone have any fusible, medium weight interfacing hanging around? I still have some but I will run out soon when mask-making. I’ve tried to order but I need it right away and most are back-ordered.

John
      Participant

Kathleen,
      I have no clue what “interfacing” is. If I don’t know, others may not either. You might explain what it is you’re looking for, for those of us that are not familiar with this “interfacing”.
      John

Kathleen
      Participant

Hey, WHAT IS INTERFACING?!
      It is a non-woven material that is used in sewing to stiffen or reinforce fabric. An example would be a shirt cuff or collar. Typically, it comes in white and I am looking for the type that is “fusible” in that it can be ironed to a fabric for a bond. One company that makes a lot of it is Pellon. It is great for this application because, as a non-woven fabric, it is much more effective at blocking small molecules…..like a virus (for example)!

wendy pollock
      Participant

I don’t have any interfacing but will be getting in some hepa vacuum bags- happy to share if you’de like, and I could use 1 M size mask!
      Wendy Pollock- I come to Portland for mail on Mondays

Kathleen
      Participant

Hi Wendy, I am not doing the public pick-up today b/c of the weather. I don’t want the masks to get wet outside. If this is the only day you come this way you could stop by this afternoon to pick one up. If you have some hepa filters that you could spare…that would be great!
      Kathie

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.