Memorial Day Weekend with Androscoggin River Watershed Council

Home Forums Camping Memorial Day Weekend with Androscoggin River Watershed Council

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Judith
      Participant

On Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend. Mahoosuc Outdoors in Milan, NH is offering Whitewater rafting as a fund-raiser for the Androscoggin River Watershed Council. Price for a morning of rafting will be $79 of which $50 goes to ARWC. Price includes a fabulous lunch of your choice – steak, salmon or chicken. This will be Pontook Dam’s first release of the season so there should be lots of water. I have done this trip and it is lots of fun. I am not a camper but I know many MOACER’s do some kind of camping thing over Memorial Day. Mollidgewock State Park is nearby and has a beautiful spot on the banks of the Androscoggin. There is great hiking nearby as well as flat and whitewater paddling and fishing. The main road was paved last year so biking is also pretty nice. There will also be a flatwater paddle on Friday afternoon on the Magalloway River with a loon biologist guide. If people are interested I can put together a flatwater paddle on Sunday. Mahoosuc Outdoors has kayaks to rent and I am sure I can work out a deal with Mark of Mahoosuc Outdoors for transportation so we would not have to shuttle vehicles. If you are interested or have questions let me know. gervaiscpa@gmail.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.