Section hiking some of the AT in Maine

Home Forums Hiking Section hiking some of the AT in Maine

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Louise
      Participant

I am looking for some fellow hikers and backpackers who might be interested in tackling sections of the AT in Maine in small bites this summer and fall. I have done some of the AT but I have plenty to go. I plan to pick away at it as time permits to include (hopefully) a section in the 100 mile wilderness (maybe 50 miles to start). I am an older hiker and hike at a slow to moderate but steady pace. Would love to get started the weekend of June 14. I do have Fridays off and plan to take time off from work here and there where I can fit it in. If you are interested please let me know.
      -Louise

jensenhockey@gmail.com

Marc

I will be hiking some portion, maybe portions, of the AT with a friend and my 16 year old niece sometime this summer. If you keep the forum posted on you likely itinerary we might join you for some segment. My favorite segment in Maine is the Bigelow Preserve. Last year I hike the preserve and then kayaked the length of the lake the runs along the preserve. It was fun and exhausting.

Marc Cryer

Louise
      Participant

I will post what I am up to. The Bigelows are my favorite range in ME, too. I did the traverse last summer as well I am not much of a kayaker but I can see how great it would be on Flagstaff. I am doing small segments for now. I am just going from the Baldpates in Grafton notch to east b hill road in 2 weeks. it is a test run with a friend who has not backpacked in a while. Will stay at the Frye Notch Lean-to overnight. I ma trying to do sections I have not hiked before.

Louise
      Participant

I am planning to do the AT section between East B Hill Rd and South Arm Rd. as a day hike on either Friday July 5 or Saturday July 6th. It would require a car spot. If interested in joining me please let me know. 🙂

Marc

Still a little distant from me but if you are working your way north I might eventually join you for piece. I have a teenage niece to entertain for part of the summer as well as some out of town friends and I think they would all enjoy a short hike. Day hikes or in the 2-3 day range at least. Hope all is well on the trail.

Louise
      Participant

I am working my way north so will keep you posted on my plans.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.