1. I hereby state that I wish to participate in activities offered by the Maine Outdoor Adventure Club (hereafter referred to as MOAC), a non-profit organization. I recognize any outdoor activity may involve certain dangers, including but not limited to the hazards of traveling on the water and in mountainous terrain, accidents or illness in remote places, force of nature, and the actions of participants and other persons. I further understand and agree that without some program providing protection of its assets and its volunteers, MOAC would not be able to offer its activities.
2. In consideration for right to participate in the activities offered by MOAC volunteers, I agree to RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY MOAC and its members from any and all liability, claims and causes of action arising out of or in any way connected with my participation, or the participation of any minor that I am signing on behalf of, in any activities offered by MOAC volunteers. I personally assume all risks in connection with these activities. If I am signing on behalf of a minor I further agree to HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY MOAC and its members from all liability, claims and causes of action which the minor may have arising from the minor's participation in activities. The terms of this agreement shall serve as a release and indemnity agreement for my heirs, personal representative, and for all members of my family, including any minors. (Parents or legal guardians must sign for all persons under eighteen (18) years of age.)
3. Further, I understand that:
1. I am solely responsible for judging my qualification and for my safety and agree to equip myself properly and take appropriate safety precautions including developing my safety skills to participate in this activity. I understand that it is my responsibility to seek help and /or discontinue participation when I judge it appropriate to do so.
2. MOAC members or event coordinators are not necessarily trained, pre-qualified, tested, or rated prior to volunteering to play any particular role on trips advertised through the club.
3. I understand that injury or loss of life might result from my own or from others actions, inactions, negligence, from equipment failure, or from risks unknown or unforeseen. That other participants in the event may not know how or be able to save me should I be in trouble.
4. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in the event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical medical person and that I have informed my fellow trip participants of any significant aspects of my physical condition or medical history that might increase risks to myself or anyone else.
5. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident and/or illness during this event.
6. I understand that at this event or related activities, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the event holders, producers, sponsors, organizers an assigns.
4. I hereby certify that I have read this document; and understand and agree with its content.